Air Canada's flight cancellation policy
- The risk-free cancellation period (24 hours) starts right after receiving the reservation confirmation. If you manage to cancel your itinerary within this time, you become eligible to get a complete refund, which is not bound by any itinerary parameters.
- Once you cross the risk-free threshold, the refund and cancellation will depend on the airline policies. You can only receive a refund as actual money back into your account if your ticket is refundable. However, such a refund does not apply to non-refundable tickets.
- If you have a non-refundable ticket and wish to cancel your Air Canada reservation, you can only receive refund vouchers worth the refund amount. This voucher can only be used for future Air Canada flight booking and related services; it does not hold any monetary value outside Air Canada's functioning.
- If you have used the following channels for booking: aircanada.com, Air Canada Contact Centers, Air Canada mobile app, Kayak, Aeroplan, Skyscanner, or Google Flights, you can cancel the booking through the 'My Booking' facility on the website.
- When travel agents are involved with flight booking, passengers are requested to connect with them for flight cancellation and refund processing.
- If you need to cancel a certain segment of your flight, then you may do so by connecting with call centers; other communication channels can not address this issue.
How do I cancel an Air Canada reservation?
If you wish to cancel your Air Canada flight, you may use any of the following options.
Cancel an Air Canada flight online
As mentioned in the policies, you can cancel your eligible flight through the 'My Booking' section on the home page. Log into your account and retrieve the flight details. Cancel your flight and then submit a refund request.
- Visit www.aircanada.com or open the airline app.
- Log into your Air Canada account.
- Click on the 'My Booking' section.
- Retrieve the flight details.
- Select the flight to want to cancel and then submit a refund request.
- Tap the flight cancellation button.
Cancel Air Canada flight by phone
The airline has set up many contact numbers to make the facility available globally. If you are unable to cancel your flight online, please dial the Air Canada phone number 1 (888) 247-2262 and directly reach out the service agent regarding flight cancellation.
Submit The Online Form:
You can cancel the Air Canada flight online by submitting the online form. There are three types of forms; request, complaint, and feedback. You can select the request option, fill in the required details and submit it.
How much is the Air Canada cancellation fee?
The flight cancellation fee is between $25 to $100. This price depends on the ticket type, date of cancellation, travel details, discounts and offers valid, how long before the trip you cancel the flight, etc.; if a passenger manages to cancel the flight within the risk-free duration, they don't need to pay any amount.
Does Air Canada allow cancellations?
Yes! The airline does allow cancellation for almost all types of tickets and under most scenarios. If you follow the policies and cancel accordingly, you will pay $0 for the process. However, if you cancel an Air Canada flight after 24 hours, the cancellation fee will be calculated by the system at the time of refund request submission.
Am I entitled to a refund for a Canceled flight to Canada?
If you have booked an Air Canada flight, you have the right to cancel it, but in accordance with the cancellation policies. If you try to cancel the flight outside the designated time frame, then the cancellation will not be possible. If you do not show up for your itinerary and don't cancel it either, the airline has the right to charge you a 'No-Show' fee.
Afterward, you can submit the refund request form on the same page. If you face any technical issues, use a contact channel to resolve your problems.