How can I change my Air Canada flight date?
Air Canada is a large airline and flag carrier in Canada. The airline is famous for its best customer service. If you are the passenger who made a reservation with Air Canada and now you are facing an unexpected situation and want to change the flight. It offers the flight change service(date, time, destination) to the passengers. You can change the flight with Air Canada online by visiting the official Air Canada website and by contacting the customer service executive at 1 (888) 247-2262. Before making any change must learn the Air Canada Flight change policy.
Air Canada Flight change policy
- You can change your Air Canada flight after 24 hours of booking.
- You can make the changes in the following fares-
- If you book your flight in comfort, you can make changes before 60 days of departure.
- When a passenger books their flight with Latitude, premium, and business fares, they can make changes within 2 hours of departure.
- You can change your flights before 2 hours of departure.
- You can use your flight tickets 24 months after purchase. After 24 months, you have to pay a fare difference if you make a change.
- When you book your flight online or otherwise, and you have to make the changes, directly contact them.
- If you book your flight directly from the airline, you can convert your travel ticket into a travel voucher that has no expiry date, and you can use it.
- When a passenger books their flight with a third-party website, you can make the changes through my bookings.
Steps to reschedule Air Canada date online
You can rebook your Air Canada flight online, or you can contact the customer service team, and they will change your flight. Flight can be changed if there is a medical emergency or traffic issue.
- Go to the official website of Air Canada. https://www.aircanada.com/
- Click on my bookings.
- Enter your six-digit reference number and other details.
- Click on the change flight option.
- Enter your timings and travel dates.
- Click on the payment button and pay the fare difference through net banking or online apps for transactions.
How much does it cost to change a flight with Air Canada?
If you made the changes within 60 days, the flight charge fee has to pay $120. If you made the changes within less than 60 days, you must pay $27. Air Canada flight change fee depends on when you are changing the flight. The fee also depends on what type of ticket you have. All the tickets have different prices and policies; you can check them once when you are paying the fee.
Does Air Canada allow flight changes?
Air Canada does not allow for flight change for those who have basic economy tickets after the initial 24-hour window. If you change your flight within the same day and within the air Canada flight change, you must pay the fare difference. If you change your flight ticket to the standard economy, you have to pay USD 170. Air Canada flight charges the fee according to your travel ticket and timings.
Can I change my Air Canada flight date for free?
Yes, you can change your flight for free. If you purchase the flight tickets, you can change them within 24 hours of booking. When you book the flight ticket, and its types are- Latitude, economy, business, and premium, you have made the changes in flight date before departing 2 or 3 hours, you have to pay the fee. To change the flight, you have to follow the steps:
- Visit the official website of Air Canada.
- Click on my bookings.
- Enter your six-digit reservation number and other required details.
- Now, click on the date change.
- Enter your new dates and click on the date change option.
- Now, click on the payment option. Pay the difference through debit and credit cards, or you can use online apps for transactions.
- You will get a confirmation on your registered email or text phone number.
- Now, the dates have been changed.
How much is the cancellation fee for Air Canada?
The cancellation fee for Air Canada depends on what type of ticket you have. There are a few points you should know about the cancellation fee. You can cancel your Air Canada flight ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- If the passengers purchased the standard ticket, you have to cancel and pay $120.
- If you cancel your travel in flex, you have to pay $60.
- When the passenger cancels their ticket in comfort within 60 days, they have to pay $80.
- If you cancel your travel in Latitude, you have to pay $0.
- If you purchase a non-refundable ticket, you have to cancel that ticket, and you have to pay the required amount, which is $200.
- When you have booked the air reward ticket from the airline, and now you have to cancel after 24 hours of booking, you have to pay $160 if you booked through the airline's contact center.
- If you book your flight through aeroplean.com, you have to pay $130.
- If you purchase a refundable ticket, you don't have to pay any fee, and you will get a full refund according to the refund policy, and you will get your full refund within 7 days.
What does the Air Canada no change fee mean?
Air Canada's no charge fee means that if the passenger books their flight tickets and has to make the changes within 24 hours, you can do it for free. If the passenger wants to make the changes after 24 hours, it would not be possible to make the changes after 24 hours; the airline has to charge a fee. According to the Air Canada flight change policy, the passengers can make the changes at one time. If they make more changes, they have to pay the fare difference.