Does American Airlines offer compensation for delayed flights?
According to the compensation policy, American Airlines provides compensation for delayed flights. Therefore, for domestic flights, American Airlines Flight Delay Compensation is applicable when the flight is delayed for more than 2 hours. For international flights, you are entitled to compensation if your flight is delayed more than 4 hours. The compensation you receive will vary depending on the distance and time of the flight.
How do I request compensation for the AA flight to be delayed?
If the flights are delayed from the departure time of more than 3 to 4 hours, you are entitled to request compensation from the airlines by many ways.
Request for compensation through compensation form- You can readily request compensation through the compensation form, by tracking the steps:
- Land on the American Airlines web portal
- View https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/support/conditions-of-carriage.jsp page,
- Look for the "Delays, cancellations, and diversions" tap on it.
- After that, find the compensation form and add all the mandatory details.
- Continue to submit it; soon, they will proffer your compensation in a few days.
What documents are needed to claim American Airlines' delay compensation?
- A copy of your ticket receipt.
- A copy of your boarding pass.
- A copy of any documentation of the delay, such as an email from American Airlines or a screenshot of the website showing the delayed flight status.
- A copy of any receipts for expenses you incurred as a result of the delay, such as meals, accommodations, or transportation.
- If you claim compensation for a delay on an international flight, you may be required to submit a copy of the passport/ visa.
How long does an American Airlines flight have to be delayed for compensation?
American Airlines is only obligated to compensate you for a delay if your flight is delayed more than 3 hours. However, you may still be compensated for your inconvenience, even if the delay was less than 3 hours.
When are you entitled to compensation for a delayed flight on American Airlines?
You are entitled to compensation for a delayed flight on American Airlines if a controllable factor, such as mechanical issues, staffing shortages, or air traffic control problems, causes the delay. You are not entitled to compensation for delays caused by uncontrollable factors, such as severe weather or natural disasters. Also, to be eligible for compensation, the flight has to be delayed by at least 3 hours for domestic flights or at least 4 hours for international flights. The compensation you receive will be as per the length of the delay and the distance of your flight.
How much should be reimbursed for a flight delay on American Airlines?
The amount reimbursed for delayed flights will depend on the distance and time of the delay on the AA flight. So, there is a breakdown of the compensation amounts offered by American Airlines:
- 3 to 4 hours delay will offer 200% off one-way fare (max. $775) on domestic flights. Also, on international flights, you will get 400% of the one-way fare (max. $1,550) on flight delay of 3 to 4 hours.
- 5+ hours delay, the airline will offer 400% of one-way fare (max. $1,550) on domestic flights while 600% of one-way fare (max. $2,325) will be proffered on the international flight.
American Airlines will also offer flight delay compensation at reasonable expenses incurred as a result of the delay. It may include meals, toiletries, lodging, and medications. You will need to provide receipts for all expenses that you are claiming reimbursement for.