Avianca Check-in, Boarding Pass | Avianca Check-in Baggage & Policy
The check-in process is mandatory for all passengers since through it they will obtain the boarding pass to board the flight. You can facilitate your check-in process with the online method and obtain the boarding pass 24 hours before departure time. There are two methods available for Avianca online check-in and you can use them to reserve your preferred seat. If you need help, please contact customer support as they are available to help you with different services.
Avianca Airlines online check-in methods
Through the website - The most effective way to check-in with Avianca Airlines is through the official website. Through this method, you will not have to wait in long lines at the airport and get your boarding pass quickly. Below mentioned are the instructions to use the official website for check-in:
- Navigate to the official Avianca website. www.avianca.com
- Tap the "Online Check-in" option.
- Enter the “Reservation Code” and “Last Name” listed on the ticket.
- Choose a preferred seat based on availability and add any amenities of your choice.
- You will then be provided with a boarding pass; save it to your device.
Through Mobile App - Another mode for Avianca check-in is through mobile application. You have to download the application on your mobile phone number and get the boarding pass. Follow the given steps to use the mobile application for check-in:
- Install the Avianca official mobile application.
- Get to the "Check-in" section.
- Write down the required booking details.
- After that, you need to follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- Download the boarding on your mobile phone.
Can you check in at the airport with Avianca?
Yes, you can also check in at the airport with Avianca. The process is not that complicated, since you have to go to the check-in counter and provide the reservation information. After that, select the luggage details and add the meals or services to your reservation, then you will need to choose from the available seats. In a few seconds, you will get the boarding pass to board your flight.
How much does Avianca charge for check-in at the airport?
Passengers who check in through the airport have to pay a fee of $10. However, if you do not want to pay any charges, then use the Kiosk or web check-in. The airport check-in starts 3 hours and closes 45 minutes prior to the flight departure.
How early can I check-in for Avianca?
The check-in timing of Avianca Airlines depends upon the mode you are using.
- The best method for Avianca early check-in is the online mode, as they start the process 24 hours before the flight departure.
- The Kiosk check-in starts 2-3 hours prior to the departure time, depending on if you have a domestic or international flight. Using this method, you can print the boarding pass and the baggage tags without visiting the check-in counter at the airport.
Does Avianca have TSA PreCheck?
Yes, Avianca Airlines has a TSA PreCheck. Through TSA PreCheck, some items such as belts, shoes, jackets, etc. do not need to be removed or placed on the scanners while passing through security scanners. If you need more information, please contact customer service.
How long before a flight can I check in to Avianca?
If you want to get your preferred seat, we recommend that you check-in early with the airline. The Avianca check-in time through the online method is 24 hours before the flight time. You can use the method from the official website or mobile application to reserve your preferred seat and obtain the boarding pass.
How much luggage can you take on Avianca?
The amount of baggage you can take on Avianca Airlines depends upon the ticket class you have purchased. Economy class passengers can take up to 23 kg of baggage, while the maximum weight for business class passengers is 32 kg. However, you must also remember that the dimensions should not exceed more than 158 cm.
Does Avianca give you a free checked bag?
Economy class ticket holders are allowed with one checked bag, and Business class ticket holders can take two checked bags for free. If you want to add extra baggage, then the excess Avianca check-in baggage fee is around $15. The most effective mode to add baggage to your flight is through the official website.