How can I cancel my Southwest flight reservation?
Need to cancel a flight on Southwest Airlines due to having such urgency? For this, you look to cancel Southwest ticket booking. Therefore, you are searching first whether the airline allows cancelation tickets or not. Yes, Southwest Airlines will enable you to revoke the flight easily online and by call; however, if you seek how to do this, there are a few modes, that are,
Cancel a flight online- Airlines allow you to cancel Southwest flights online; therefore, you should track down the points below to learn about it.
- Launch the web portal of Southwest Airlines
- Search for the manage booking section and tap on it.
- There, you must add your booking number and surname to continue it.
- After that, you may find the cancel button,
- Cancel your flight by stating the reason, and go to next to pay the cancellation charges to them,
- Further, you will get its confirmation on your phone.
Cancel a flight by call- In addition, if the booking can't be made online, and you want to cancel your flight but don't know how to do this, call the Southwest person at 1 (800) 435-9792 and request cancellation of the flight, may pay the cancellation fee to them and get its confirmation over your registered device.
Southwest Airlines cancellation policy
Before cancellation, it is a must to know the airline cancellation policy; however, if you don't know how to do this, there are some essential points.
- Cancel the Southwest flight for free within 24 hours of booking, regardless of the fare type. After 24 hours, you can revoke your flight, but you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you cancel online, you can do so up to 10 minutes before your flight's departure time. If you cancel by phone or at the airport, you must do so at least 10 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- The airline won't charge any cancellation fee when you cancel your flight within 24 hours of the reservation
- If you cancel your flight after 24 hours of reservation, you will not be eligible for a refund, but you will receive a travel credit.
- The airline will take charges when you cancel the flight within 24 hours of departing time.
- You don't need to pay the cancellation penalty if you cancel your flight because of medical conditions or any government or official notice.
- You can apply the travel credit to a flight that costs more than the original, but you will not receive a refund for the difference.
How much is the Southwest Airlines cancellation fee?
Southwest Airlines does not charge any cancellation fee from their passengers. You can cancel your flight for free up to 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
How can I call Southwest to get a refund?
You can call Southwest Airlines to get a refund to cancel your flight booking by following the below steps:
- Dial 1 (800) 435-9792, wait to connect the call in the IVR process
- You must listen to all the options carefully,
- Press 4 to request a refund,
- The airline person asks about some information, share it with them with your booking details
- If the condition applies, the airline will request a refund from them.
- Furthermore, you can bear your money back in 7 working days.