How do I cancel a Jetblue reservation?
If your booking is affected for some reason, you can cancel your JetBlue reservation using online and offline options. Canceling the ticket online is free; however, additional charges are applicable when canceling the booking over the phone. If you don't know how to cancel a JetBlue flight, you can follow the step-by-step procedure below.
Cancel Jetblue flight ticket online
- Get on the official website of Jetblue. https://www.jetblue.com/
- Login to your account and access the booking dashboard.
- Else you can also access details via the manage trip section.
- Enter the last name and confirmation number and click on the continue tab.
- The booking details will now appear on the screen; choose the one you wish to cancel.
- Click on the cancel reservation button and provide the reason for the cancellation.
- You can pay the flight cancellation charges if applicable and then proceed.
- Follow the instruction to cancel your Jetblue ticket and ensure you get a confirmation email once the ticket is canceled.
Cancel the Jetblue ticket over the phone
- Dial the Jetblue reservation number 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583).
- Choose language and follow the ongoing IVR voice commands to speak to the Jetblue agent.
- Once connected, you can request the agent that you wish to cancel the booking.
- Please provide them with your cancellation reason and other details required.
- The Jetblue representative will then verify everything, and if possible, they will cancel your booking simultaneously.
- Once the ticket is canceled, ensure you get a confirmation email from Jetblue.
So you can cancel JetBlue flights online anytime by following the simple procedure above. The cancellation via website and phone is applicable for the tickets you purchased online, via phone, or at the airport ticket counter. For third-party booking, you should speak to the travel agent directly to make any cancellations.
What is the JetBlue 24-hour cancellation policy?
- Per the 24-hour policy, you can cancel the Jetblue flight in 24 hours without paying any fee if your departure is seven days away. The policy applies to all bookings irrespective of the fare type, and the passengers can get a full refund.
- You must pay the cancellation charges depending on the fare type, cancellation time, and other factors if you miss the 24-hour window.
- You can cancel a JetBlue reservation by visiting the manage my booking section on the website and calling the JetBlue representative.
- If you cancel a JetBlue flight after 24 hours you have to pay the flight cancellation charges.
What are the Jetblue airlines cancellation rate?
The cancellation rate for Blue Basic fares is around $100 per person when you travel within Central America, North America, or the Caribbean. It is about $ 200 per person when you travel on other routes. Moreover, you can always speak to JetBlue customer service directly if you want the exact cancellation fee.
You don't need to pay a cancellation fee if you cancel JetBlue bookings within 24 hours of ticket purchase. However, the cancellation charges might apply later depending on the fare type, cancellation time, etc. Jetblue doesn't charge cancellation fees on most of its fares except the Blue Basic.
How long does it take to get JetBlue points refunded?
If you cancel a JetBlue flight booked with points, then JetBlue will refund points in your account in around 3-4 days. Besides, the refund time depends on various factors; you can speak to the JetBlue agent directly to get the exact time in your case.
Does Jetblue let you cancel within 24 hours?
Yes, JetBlue 24 hour cancellation policy allows you to cancel the booking within 24 hours if you travel to or from the United States. In addition, your departure day must be seven days or more away. If you do so, you are eligible to get a full refund without paying any cancellation charges.
The 24-hour JetBlue cancellation policy applies to all bookings, no matter what ticket type you purchase. Once the time passes, you might need to pay the cancellation fee.