How can I change the name of the passenger on the flight ticket Southwest?
Southwest Airlines is based in the United States, and it is the largest low-cost carrier. Further, when you have made a reservation with the airline but the name has been entered incorrectly, then you can change it, too. However, the convenient mode to change the name on a Southwest Airlines ticket online is that you can carry out the process independently. Hence, the guide for that is displayed at the bottom:-
Change the name on a Southwest Airlines ticket online (via the website)
- Head to Southwest Airlines official web page
- Now, click on the flight icon and choose manage reservation options
- After that, enter the confirmation number with the first and last name of the travelers
- Further, click on the edit name icon and type the correct one.
- Then, pay the cost of your name changes with any of the available sources.
- And then, you could receive updated details over a phone number and emails.
What is the Southwest Airlines name change policy?
When you get to change a name on Southwest Airlines, then you would have to comply with its terms and conditions.
- The name change of up to three characteristics could be done free of cost online, and more than that could be subject to additional fees.
- When you have a group reservation, then you can change a name unlimited times up to 72 hours of flight schedule departure.
- The name change is for corrections of wrong names only, but it cannot be changed entirely to another person.
- When you have to add a middle name or remove it, then you can carry it out without any penalties. Besides this, you can also enlarge an initial of names for free of cost.
- If you get to change a name because of marriage or divorce, then you could have to present a certification to the airline and get its approval.
How much is the Southwest name change fee?
The name changes conducted over Southwest Airlines are free, but that is under certain conditions only. When you do not fall into any of those situations, then you could have to pay a penalty for the same. Hence, the Southwest name change fee could be around $50 to $300, and it could based on the flight ticket and routes. If you need accurate information related to that, then speak with the customer service team at 1 (800) 435-9792.
How long does it take for Southwest to change your last name?
The last name on Southwest Airlines can be changed, too. But there are certain situations in which you can change a last name with an attachment of a certificate. For that, you could have to send an email online or send details to a postal address. After sending that, you can get a confirmation within 72 hours of the flight departure.
How do I change my name on Southwest after marriage?
When you buy a flight ticket from Southwest Airlines, but your name gets changed due to the effect of marriage, then you may apply those to your existing itinerary, too. Moreover, for Southwest name change on ticket marriage, by submitting a copy of a certain document to them. Further, you can get information on that from the bottom points:-
- A copy of the marriage certificate
- Both old and new government-issued photo I.D. card
- Post to:- Southwest P.O. Box 36657, Dallas, Texas 75235, or submit an email form online.
How many times can you change a Southwest ticket?
Names on Southwest Airlines can be changed but cannot transformed into another name. Further, you can change names on tickets as many times as you think fit, but every time and, additional charges for a name change could be added. But the changes conducted within 24 hours of booking could not be subject to additional fares.
How do I fix a misspelled last name on my Southwest ticket?
You can correct misspelled names in the existing itinerary. When you have a situation to fix a misspelled last name on a Southwest ticket, then worry not and follow up with the stated points:-
- First, get a Southwest app from the app store
- Then sign in as a guest or log in to your account
- After that, click on the manage reservation icon
- Later, submit your first and last name with a confirmation number
- Further, choose an itinerary and then click on the edit names options
- Now, enter the correct name and click on the next icon.
- Afterward, make a payment and click on the submit icon.
- Once it is done, then your details can be updated, and you can receive a message in the registered email and phone number.
How to contact Southwest Airlines for the name change?
Southwest Airlines serves multiple destinations besides being a low-cost carrier. When you have prepared a traveling plan and get a flight ticket but have entered names incorrectly. Now, correcting a spelling mistake on a flight ticket could be performed by giving a ring to its customer service. Now, you can dial its contact number 1 (800) 435-9792 and then choose a name change icon from the IVR menu.
When you read the above heading then, you can get sufficient information about the name change policy, cost, and procedure of Southwest Airlines. Whenever you get stuck or derive an issue in relation to that, then speak with its customer service team and get a solution.