How do I fix a misspelled name on United?
If you have a booking with United Airlines, you can make both simple and significant changes. The misspelled come under simple changes that you can make by visiting the official website and calling the United representative. If you don't know how to fix a misspelled name on united tickets, here is the procedure below for your reference.
Simple steps to change the name on a United Airlines ticket
- Firstly get on the official website of United Airlines. https://www.united.com/
- Then log in to your MileagePlus account and visit the profile.
- Else you can also look for the Manage booking section to retrieve the booking details.
- Now under manage booking, go to the option' change reservation'.
- After that enter the booking confirmation number and the last name of the passenger
- You then land on the new page, having all the booking details.
- Click on the edit button, and you can follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
You can contact your travel agency in case of third-party booking. If you don't find the online process feasible, you can directly call a United representative by dialing toll-free 1 (800) 864-8331 to make name changes on your behalf. Visit the airport and request changes by meeting in person at the United ticket counter.
Does United Airlines allow for name changes?
Yes, United airlines allow name changes depending on several conditions. The airline has divided the name change into two categories; one is simple, and the second is significant name changes. You don't need to provide any document for simple name changes like changing John to Jonh.
For significant changes like a legal name change, name change due to marriage or divorce decree, you need to provide certain legal documents and government id proof. If you can't provide documents, you can also share a name change affidavit via mail and a government id.
How much does it cost to change your name on a United flight?
As per the United airlines name change policy, you can make a simple change free of cost within 24 hours of booking when the delivery is after seven days. However, you must incur a name change fee after the risk-free period.
The name change fee depends on factors like fare conditions, type of change, time, etc. However, you don't need to pay the united airline name change fee if the change falls under simple changes. Besides, you must remember that name change is incurred per passenger per flight.
United Airlines name change policy
- The United allows two types of name changes, simple and significant. For simple changes like a misspelling in your name, you can make it online by logging into your MileagePlus account, and for significant changes, you must submit the legal document.
- If there is a case of a codeshare agreement flight, you place only a request for a name change on the united segment route.
- Your inventory should start with 016 to be eligible for the name change. United Airlines' change name on ticket correction should be issued per ticket per passenger.
- As per the policy, you can make changes free of cost within 24 hours of booking. However, you must pay the name change fee if you fail to do so on time.
How do I change my flight on the United app?
How do I cancel my flight on United Airlines?
How do I choose my seat on United Airlines?
How do I get a refund from United Airlines?
How do you get through to United?
How do I get a callback from United Airlines?
How do I find my confirmation number for United Airlines?
How do I talk to a human at United Airlines?