How do I claim a refund from Lufthansa?
Lufthansa Airlines permits you to cancel a flight ticket when you don't expect to travel at a determined date and time due to your personal dilemma. This airline proffers you to credit the amount as a refund that you will be rewarded after the flight cancellation. Hence, you can avail Lufthansa refund on the next flight booking. But, there are some refund policies you must follow to get a full refund from Lufthansa.
Steps to get a refund (claim) from Lufthansa:
- You have to go to the official website of Lufthansa. https://www.lufthansa.com/
- Now you have to click on the menu button and choose the "cancellation & refund" option which is under the book and manage section.
- Now, open the refund form that appears and make sure your flight ticket is canceled.
- Then, you have to enter the basic needed information like the passenger name, email address, phone number, destinations, and arrival place.
- After that, you have to add your ticket number and booking code.
- Now, you have to select an option on your screen like the full ticket/ service is not used, or part of the ticket/ service is not used.
- Fill out the complete form, and then you must submit the Lufthansa refund request by clicking on submit.
- Lastly, you will get the refund confirmation on your registered email address or phone number.
Lufthansa refund policy
There are some Lufthansa Refund policies that you have to follow while booking and canceling the ticket:-
- If you want a full refund, you must cancel the ticket within 24 hours of purchasing.
- When Lufthansa cancels your ticket, you are eligible to claim a refund, or you can get an alternative flight.
- If the flight is delayed by 2 hours or 5 hours, you are eligible to get a refund for your flight.
- You will get your refund in the same form you used while booking the ticket.
- If you missed or canceled the flight due to a near-one death or illness, you will get a refund.
- When you cancel a flight ticket due to Covid-19, you must send all the documented files and request a refund.
- The flight refund will only get to the person whose name is written on the ticket and the person whose id proof is mentioned on their flight ticket.
- If you submit the refund request, then don’t send a new request again because it will lead to a delay.
How long does it take Lufthansa to refund?
If you book the Lufthansa ticket with a credit card, you will get your refund in 7 days. The Lufthansa refund time typically depends on the mode of payment that you used while booking the tickets. So, if you book your ticket with cash or cheque, it will take 20 business days to get your refund.
Hopefully, the article mentioned earlier regarding whether you can get a refund from Lufthansa will be helpful, or you can quickly get refunds from them. You can also connect with their customer services if you have any problems. Call on the Lufthansa refund phone number 1800 102 5838 and ask about all your refund-related concerns.