How to get money back from Qatar Airways?
Passengers often need to cancel their Qatar Airways flights due to unforeseen conditions. After canceling the flight, passengers must get their money back from Qatar Airways. There are several ways to do so, such as requesting it online through their website or by calling their customer service number. The refund amount gets credited to the Qatar Airways wallet in order to encash the amount you are required to submit a request.
Furthermore, the best way to place Qatar Airways refund requests is by filling out a Refund Request Form available on the contacts page of their website. To fill out the Form, you must obey the steps described below.
- Open the website www.qatarairways.com
- Reach out to the Contact Us page through the Help section of the website.
- Click the Refund option on the page and again click the Request a Refund link on the following page to open a dedicated Form.
- Fill it in with details like the Passenger’s name, Booking Reference, travel date, etc.
- Submit it, and the process is complete; you will receive an endorsement email confirming it.
What is the Qatar Airways refund policy?
Passengers must read the airline's refund policy before requesting a refund to see the rules of the policy applicable to their current situation.
- According to the policy, you can appeal a refund at Qatar Airways if you have booked your flight through their website/ mobile app, call centers, or ticket offices.
- If you have got your ticket through a travel agency/ third party, you must contact the same for a refund.
- You are entitled to a 100% refund if you cancel your refundable fare within 24 hours of booking and 7 days before the planned departure.
- A cancellation charge must be paid if you cancel your refundable ticket at Qatar Airways after 24 hours of reservation, and the remaining amount is refundable.
- Passengers are eligible for a travel credit instead of a refund if they cancel their non-refundable ticket within 24 hours of booking and 7 days before the scheduled departure.
- Your full amount will be forfeited if you cancel your non-refundable fare after 24 hours of reservation.
- You are not required to pay any cancellation charges if your flight gets delayed for more than 4 hours and you wish to cancel it.
How long does it take to get a refund from Qatar Airways?
The Qatar Airways refund time depends solely on the mode you used to make the payment while booking. It will take 7-10 business days if you have made the payment through online mode, and it goes up to 20 business days for the payment made through cheque, cash, etc.
How would I contact Qatar Airways for a refund?
In order to get a refund from Qatar Airways, you can call their customer service number at 1-877-777-2827 if you are unable to do it online. You can call them in a below-stated manner.
- Dial the given number and select a language you prefer for communication.
- After picking up the language, you will listen to the IVR commands, and follow them point by point, to choose the 4th command for refunds.
- Share your booking information with the executive, and they will process the refund after verifying your details.
- They will drop you an email confirming the same.
What are the reasons for getting a full refund at Qatar Airways?
- You are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your Qatar Airways flight due to a medical condition or the death of an immediate family member.
- If your flight gets canceled due to Operational Circumstances such as insufficient staff to operate, an airline strike, a mechanical problem in the aircraft, sickness of a crew member, etc., you are eligible for a full refund.
- Passengers are also eligible for a full refund if their flight gets canceled due to Extraordinary Circumstances like Natural Disasters and an Epidemic.