What is a Southwest Airlines group ticket?
Southwest group booking is an option for passengers who are planning a trip with their family or friends. The passengers can make a reservation with the airline and travel with their loved ones. Most importantly, with Southwest group travel booking, you get an option to book your ticket at one place for all the members. Thus, you do not have to repeat the booking process again and again separately.
How does Southwest group booking work?
Are you selecting Southwest Airlines for group travel? If yes, then there are certain requirements that need to be met first. Otherwise, the airline may cancel your booking. The requirements to be fulfilled by the passengers for Southwest group travel are discussed below:
- The group must consist of ten members for the group booking.
- All the members of the group must travel to the same destination.
- All the group's passengers must apply for a ticket in the same cabin class.
How to book group travel flights with Southwest?
Since you know enough about group booking and its requirements. If you find you are eligible for the booking. You might be interested in the procedure to book your travel for the group. Here is how you can book a travel for the group:
- Visit the official site of Southwest Airlines.
- Locate the “Group Travel Reservation” option in the service section.
- You will get a form on the next page. Complete the form and mention the details of the group members.
- Next, follow the simple booking process by choosing destinations, cabin-class, and add other filters, and clicking next to get the flight options.
- Select the flight and move next to make the payment.
- Once you make the final payment, the airline will send your booking details to your registered email ID.
How do you get a group boarding Southwest?
The passengers who have made their booking will have to get the boarding pass to get onto the flight. The passengers will be assigned Groups A, B, or C and a number between 1 to 60. Suppose you get A58 displayed on the boarding pass; just show this to the representative, and they will assign you a spot on the plane. The group must complete the check-in to get the boarding pass. Continue with this article and know how to check-in.
How do I check in for a group flight on Southwest?
The passengers have an option of Southwest group travel check-in to complete through an online process 24 hours before the flight's departure. The group check-in process is certainly different from the usual check-in for one passenger. Here is how you can complete the check-in:
- Visit southwest.com and move to the check-in option.
- Enter the last name of any one passenger from the group, along with the confirmation number.
- You will have to complete the check-in separately for all the members of the group.
- Attach your passport and mention the emergency contact number for international travel. Skip this step if you have booked a domestic flight.
- Repeat the above steps to complete the check for every passenger.
- Once you reach the airport, go to the ticket counter and get the boarding pass.
NOTE: Some passengers may not be eligible for the online check-in. They will have to visit the check-in counter or head towards the Kiosk machine for the check-in.
What is the phone number for Southwest Group Travel?
Passengers who are looking to make their booking with Southwest can go to their official website. However, if they are unable to understand the online procedure and are looking for help from a Southwest Group Travel phone agent, then you are advised to follow the steps below:
- Dial 1-800-433-5368 for domestic bookings and 1-800-308-5037 for international bookings and get the Southwest ticket sales officer.
- Provide the details of your group to the agent.
- Now, inform the agent of destinations and other filters to get the flight options.
- Select your flight and get the payment link on your registered email.
- Make the payment and book a trip for the group.
NOTE: The passengers must make the call to the agent between 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. from Monday to Friday.
How many people can be in a group boarding Southwest?
The passengers who are looking to travel in a group will have to make a reservation separately if they have less than ten members in the group. However, as per the Southwest group travel policy, travelers can make a booking for the whole group at one place if they have ten or more members in their group.
Does Southwest Airlines do group discounts?
Southwest tries to make travel easy and fun; thus, if you are applying for a group booking, the airline will offer you an extra discount to make the travel affordable. Additionally, there is no upfront payment for the group booking. To know more about the Southwest group travel discount, you can contact their representatives.
The passengers who are planning to travel in a group with Southwest Airlines can read this article for better information. It contains necessary information that can help the passengers in group booking. However, if they want to know more, visit the official site of Southwest.