How can I cancel my Southwest flight?
After booking the flight, sometimes some unavoidable programs are necessary to attend due to which you want to cancel the bookings. The flight cancelation option is provided by Southwest Airlines that will help you to cancel the flight, but you can only cancel the Southwest flight before its departure.
Several ways to cancel a Southwest flight ticket
Via online: If you want to cancel your Southwest Airlines reservation online, then follow the below process.
- Go to Southwest Airlines' official website in your browser. https://www.southwest.com/
- Now you need to choose the "manage bookings" option.
- Next, you need to fill out the "last name" and "booking reference number" in the given space.
- You can see your bookings and select the reservation which you want to cancel.
- Following this, you need to mention the reason for canceling the flight and click on cancel flight.
- Further, a payment page will open. If you have any cancelation charges, then pay them.
- Last a flight cancelation mail you will get on the given contact number.
Via phone: If you find issues while canceling the flight or the official site is working slowly, you can also take the help of a southwest airline representative to cancel the southwest flight. To connect with representatives to cancel your flight, you need to follow the below points.
- Dial the Southwest airlines phone number 1 (800) 435-9792.
- After this, choose a suitable language.
- Then you need to say your country's name with the code.
- Lastly, you will have to follow the IVR options.
- Press 1 for new bookings
- Press 2 for modification, cancelation, or refund
- Press 3 for offers, complete package
- Press 4 for luggage-related queries
- Press 5 to connect with representatives
- Press 6 for more options
- Choose the option and connect with representatives.
Southwest Airlines' cancellation policy
Flight cancelation policies will help you get the information on whether you need to pay the flight cancelation charges or do it without any payments. The below-mentioned points are the flight cancelation policies of southwest airlines.
- If you cancel the Southwest Airlines reservation within 24 hours, then the charges are not applicable, and after this free window, you need to pay the flight cancelation fee.
- According to the southwest cancellation policy, If you cancel the flight due to medical issues, you must show all the mandatory documents and cancel the flight without paying any charges.
- If you are not available at the airport or do not make the check-in, then you will come under the no-show policy. Then your flight will automatically cancel by southwest airlines.
- If you make the bookings through any deal, voucher, or package and then you have to pay the flight cancelation fee to cancel the flight.
- You can cancel the flight without paying charges if your flight is delayed or canceled by southwest airlines.
How much is the Southwest Airlines flight cancellation fee?
Flight cancelation costs depend on the fare type, route, and destination; if you cancel any international bookings, you need to pay 200USD to 350USD. If you cancel any domestic bookings, you need to pay 150USD to 280USD.
Can I cancel within 24 hours of booking on Southwest?
As per the southwest cancellation policy 24 hours, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, you do not need to pay any flight cancelation charges. You can cancel it by connecting with the representatives on the phone call or by following the online process.
Can I get a refund from Southwest if they cancel my flight?
Yes, you can apply for a refund if your southwest flight is delayed for more than three hours or you also have the option to reschedule the flight without paying any charges.
Does Southwest airlines charge a cancellation fee?
Yes, Southwest Airlines charges the flight cancelation fee; if you did not come in their free cancelation policies, you must pay southwest airlines' cancellation fee. Cancelation fees are also not applicable if you cancel the flight due to a flight delay by the airline.
Can you cancel a flight after you've checked in at Southwest?
Southwest airlines allow you to cancel the flight even after check-in, but only if you have any genuine reason. According to the southwest cancellation policy, after check-in, you can cancel the flight even before ten minutes of flight departure time, but if the time left the boarding is less than ten minutes, you cannot cancel the flight.
Does Southwest have free cancellation within 24 hours?
Yes, Southwest provides free cancelation to passengers who cancel their southwest ticket within 24 hours. If any passenger is non-refundable, they will receive a voucher for the next 12 months.